As we age veins develop and appear closer to the surface of the skin. Alazzo Med Spa utilizes two different technologies to rid your legs of those unsightly veins. Sclerotherapy is used to damage the inner wall of the vein causing the vein to collapse. A laser is then used to remove the smaller spider veins. We will have your legs looking great before you know it.
Q: What causes spider veins to appear?
A: Many factors increase a person’s chances of developing spider veins. These include:
- Increasing age. As you get older, the valves in your veins may weaken and not work as well.
- Medical history. Being born with weak vein valves increases your risk. Having family members with vein problems also increases your risk.
- Hormonal changes. These occur during puberty, pregnancy, and menopause. Taking birth control pills and other medicines containing estrogen and progesterone also may contribute to the formation of spider veins.
- Pregnancy. During pregnancy, there is a huge increase in the amount of blood in the body. This can cause veins to enlarge. The growing uterus also puts pressure on the veins. More spider veins usually appear with each additional pregnancy.
- Obesity. Being overweight or obese can put extra pressure on your veins.
- Lack of movement. Sitting or standing for a long time may force your veins to work harder to pump blood to your heart. This may be a bigger problem if you sit with your legs bent or crossed.
- Sun exposure. This can cause spider veins on the cheeks or nose of a fair-skinned person.
Q: What is Sclerotherapy?
A: Sclerotherapy is a minimally invasive procedure done by a nurse practitioner to treat uncomplicated spider veins and uncomplicated reticular veins. The treatment involves the injection of a solution called Asclera into the affected veins.
Q: How does Asclera work?
A: Asclera is a sclerosing agent that is injected into the vein. It works by damaging the inner wall of the vein, and eventually causing the vein to collapse on itself. Over time, the damaged vein is replaced with tissue. Individual results may vary, and many patients will require multiple injection sessions for complete treatment success.
Q: How long is each Asclera session?
A: A typical sclerotherapy session lasts 15-45 minutes. One injection is usually administered per inch with multiple injections per session.
Q: What should I do after a treatment?
A: After the injection session is complete compression will be applied and walking is recommended for 15-20. Compression stockings are then recommended for 2-3 days for spider veins and 5-7 days for reticular veins following treatment.
Q: What should I avoid after receiving Asclera?
A: For 2-3 days after treatment avoid heavy exercise, long plane flights, sunbathing, hot baths or saunas.
Q: How does laser therapy work on veins?
A: The laser is directed at the vein and laser light is absorbed by the vessel causing the vein to collapse or break apart. Spider veins can disappear immediate. Laser treatment is used on all spider veins on the face.
Q: How much does it cost?
A: Injections are based on product amount and laser therapy is calculated in 15 minute increments.
Q: How do I know what type of treatment is right for me?
A: Our trained professionals will evaluate the veins that you want to have treated and determine what treatment is best for you. Typically larger feeder veins are treated with sclerotherapy and then the smaller spider veins are treated with a laser. Combination therapy is the most comprehensive way to regain those beautiful legs you will be proud to show off.